Friday 29 October 2010

Another successful jewellery party

For those who regularly follow my blog you will know that I have been busy making new stock for a Jewellery party which took place at Karen's house . It was held last Saturday and it was a great success.

Above you can see the new display felt cakes I bought recently. They were a real talking point.















I gave a short talk on my jewellery making origins and silversmithing background and showed lots of my new pieces. I always find that in the winter people buy mostly sparkly pieces, lots of blacks and silvers to wear for their Christmas celebrations and this party was no exception.

These were very popular bracelets and I have an order to make a few more.

I can never exactly duplicate something as every bead is slightly different but people understand this and are delighted to have something that is a "one a kind" piece of jewellery to wear.


Karen fell in love with one of my new "ice" necklaces using the lovely spider agate (above) and I also sold the last of these lovely disc beads in a necklace where I had used white jade hearts and round beads with the agate (below).

I need to see if I can source some more of this lovely spider agate as this is the last I have of these lovely beads. I am going to the Big Bead Show this Saturday. I will have a look there.






The rock crystal quartz (ice) was very popular and I also had an order to made a bracelet using these with some one of a kind lampwork glass lentil beads. The same lady also wanted a copy of Karen's ice necklace but as I do not have the spider agate so I will try something else for her.


I have made her the bracelet above  using my rock quartz "ice" together with 3 handmade one of a kind lampwork lentil beads. I think she will be pleased with it. She may even want a matching necklace as I have no more of the spider agate?

I also had a order for my popular haematite circle necklace which contains sparkly clear and black Czech beads inside.....I also wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I was wearing mine at the party...?!


I am busy finishing off these orders and some are ready to go, safely tucked into their organza gift bags.



Well I should be getting on with the rest of the orders now but I thought I would just take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Halloween especially those with small children. I have got out our lovely old pumpkin toys our children so loved...

My daughter is coming up for this weekend so I also quickly bought a couple of decorations, any excuse for me to celebrate anything. I bought this rather fun witch flower display.

And a pumpkin paper garland  for the stairs...


You know who is also going to wish you a Happy Halloween ..............................................................................




Spooky eh.....our Billy!

Bye for now,
Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous, Jane!

    It would be lovely to attend to one of your parties and SEE and TOUCH all those beautiful creations. But I am truly happy to enjoy these via my screen too :)

    I am so happy your daughter is with you this weekend, and like you needed an excuse to celebrate&decorate ;)

    Happy weekend and a kiss to Billy!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jewellery Jane, no wonder your party was a success!!
    Lovely that your daughter is coming to spend halloween with you.
    Billy's not spooky, he's gorgeous!!
    Have a great weekend and don't spend too much at that bead show!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame computers don't have a touch button isn't it Mia. My daughter is driving here as we speak. It will be great to have her with us for the weekend, she has just finished nights..I can spoil her.

    Enjoy your weekend, Billy sends a very purring kiss to Finland.

    Love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vivienne, we are really looking to it and so is Billy, he loves the family (bit of a timid
    lad to strangers).

    As for the Big Bead Show....it's like being in beadie heaven. I am going to do a post on it next week...watch this space.

    Have a lovely weekend and see you next week,
    Love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, thanks for posting these photos for those of us who couldn't attend your jewelry party. I can see why you have orders for these beautiful pieces! What fun decorations for Halloween! Looks like Billy's a natural for a holiday greeting card...Enjoy the treats of the season! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billy is such a poser Michele,he cannot keep out of a photo!
    I am still finishing off my orders, nearly there. I then have a last "Open House" mid November and that is the last of my parties for the year.

    Happy Halloween, you do it in style out there in the States!

    Love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for a successful party! Success earned too, because everything looks beautiful. Love the decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Linda and I spent lots of that earned money at the Big Bead Show yesterday...fab...will post about it soon.
    Happy Halloween,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x