Friday 30 March 2012

The Phoenix ring....arises!

Ta-dah!!!!
 I promised that if I ever found a new stone for my ring I would share it with you. For those of you to whom this blog post title makes no sense I would take a quick detour and read this post first.

I had remade the claw I melted and carefully re soldered all my joints of this ring some time ago and then I put the ring back in my work box until I could find a new stone.
A few weeks ago the same stone seller that I had bought the original stone from last year came to our class. I told him of my disaster and asked if he had anything a similar size but not for similar money. I had already spent a fair amount on a stone which I had ruined and could not justify paying out more. He smiled and said that he did have a similar one, he had the matching pair to the original stone. Not only that but he gave, yes seriously he gave it to me. I did offer to pay but he quite flatly refused. I could not thank him enough. I did a little skip and returned to the work bench where I very carefully tapped the new stone in. I did no fiddling and although it is set slightly high on one side, there it will stay. So my Phoenix ring has finally arisen and I love it.





It's so very hard to photograph but it is a lovely deep purple and sits quite high on my middle finger...quite a talking point. I plan to wear it this Sunday when I am celebrating a certain day ;0)







The week has continued to be totally amazing, more like summer than spring. It reached 22c in my sunny garden and I had to have my door open to my studio to keep a gentle breeze blowing through.


Billy loved it.





He actually had to seek out some shade as he got too hot.














My magnolia is in full flower.
















The tulips are out















Just look at the colours....so glorious.
















I have been out in my studio every day whenever I can and have heard bees buzzing and birds just singing their hearts out. I even spotted a butterfly this afternoon when I got home from work. We are promised some much needed rain next week but I am just enjoying this bonus time in the approach to Easter. My cards have been mostly Easter themed and I think this one is a lovely reflection of my time in the garden this week. This is my challenge card for today.

This is a new rubber stamp I bought from Lili of the Valley in their Spring Sale called Gift Wrapped. The sweet bunny lends himself to all sorts of celebrations but I though his first outing would be for Easter.


I coloured him with my trusty Promarkers and highlighted with my prismacolor pencils. I used some lovely mulberry paper flowers to compliment the colours of the flowers of the backing paper. I added some glitter to the butterflies wings for a bit of sparkle. I even added a piece of my beloved lace stash..now that's a rarity! A couple of heart buttons tied with Baker's Twine complete my card.




I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;
Lili of the Valley Ideas to Inspire National Craft month
Top Tip Tuesday Easter/animals # 73
Creative Craft Crew Spring #7
Simon Says Stamp anything goes
Scrapbook Sisters Easter #77
Lili's little fairies anything goes
Divas By Design stamp something #28
Paper Sundaes Spring blossoms #113
Squirrel and Fox Easter #14
Stamping for the weekend #6 anything goes
Totally Papercrafts #110 Easter


I am so looking forward to the weekend as my children, their partners and my parents are coming to celebrate my birthday. Yes unbelievable it is a whole year since this day and this celebration. We are returning to the same hotel for Sunday lunch but we have a cosy private room for 8 this time.
I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend and if there is no sunshine in your part of the world I'm sending you some ours. Enjoy ;0)

Bye for now,

Jane x

36 comments:

  1. Love the bunny card Jane, what a cute little stamp! :)
    Your ring is beautiful and what a stroke of luck with the stone, I remember feeling gutted for you when it didn't work out before. It really is stunning!
    What a great week it has been although sadly the sun has left us today and we are definitely cooler (13 deg), I'm hoping it only temporary although I'm not sure about the forecast.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family and have a fantastic celebration!!
    Happy Birthday,
    Vivienne xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the bunny would appeal to you Vivienne :0) I am thrilled with my ring...it was a pretty heart sink moment when I messed up first time round. Have a lovely weekend..cheers!
      Jane x

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS, Jane!! And a happy pre-birthday to you this weekend. You will be a hit with that beautiful ring..what a showstopper!! I wish you and your family a grand celebration. The photos are lovely..such amazing colors and nature all celebrating your weekend to come. : ) Happy happy birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shirley, I shall be showing off my new ring and celebrating my birthday surrounded by my dear family.
      Enjoy your weekend too,
      Jane x

      Delete
  3. HaPPY BirTHdAY JANE!!!!!!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend! I hope you wear that gorgeous ring. It is stunning! Love your flowers and sunlight and warmth. I'm trying to feel the warmth but it cooled off crossing the pond! Great Easter card...I love that bunny. Sending you love on your Birthday my friend, xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Robin...I am so sorry that the sunshine is not quite getting over the pond but I hope you are enjoying the photos. Have a wonderful weekend too,
      Jane x

      Delete
  4. Hi Jane! Your ring is amazing! I love your design and the colour of the stone! (Just yesterday bought some purple fabric). How great that you found a new stone and didn't need to pay for it. Your spring card is so wonderful!
    How the time goes so quickly - I remember your last Birthday party! I wish you the best celebration weekend this year, too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Jane!!!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is a great colour isn't it Teje. Thanks for your birthday wishes I am so looking forward to tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend.
      Jane x

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute card! I love your colouring (and your green thumb - stunning tulips!!)

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel and The Fox!

    Hugs,

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda and I'm glad you enjoyed my tulips...they are stunning this year.
      Jane x

      Delete
  6. I knew it, Jane dear, I just knew that you would re-create that beauty! And it's even more breathtaking than I thought, just a perfect ring (and just for the special day also!)! i wish you a wonderful weekend, and the most happy and sunny day tomorrow with all your loved ones! I'll raise my glass here too for you dear friend: Happy Birthday!

    Yours,
    Mia

    P.S. That beautiful card does have "Vivienne" written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ring was definitely "unfinished" business Mia and I knew I just had to finish it. I will love wearing it tomorrow and celebrating with my family. Thanks so much for your birthday wishes (and your surprise)my dear. I so agree about the card and Vivienne ;0)
      Jane x

      Delete
  7. What a lovely card, Thanks for playing with Lili's Little Fairies this week and good luck.
    Hugs Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful ring and card. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! The ring looks beautiful, and you definately can't beat the price for the replacement stone. Your photos are just gorgeous, and I really like the way you posed the ring on the flower. Liking the flowers on the card too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great "price" wasn't it Linda ;0) Enjoy the week,
      Jane x

      Delete
  10. Your ring is gorgeous, your card is darling and so is Billy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Lori and yes my Billy is such a sweet boy!
      Jane x

      Delete
  11. A beautiful card, gorgeous flowers and love your ring too! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for your kind comments.
      Jane x

      Delete
  12. Jane, your ring is FaNtAbUlOuS!!!! *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to you and I hope you celebration is wonderful. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, my birthday was wonderful and spent with my nearest and dearest...just perfect!
      Jane x

      Delete
  13. I love all the beautiful photos. The ring and the flowers are totally awesome. Precious Easter card you have created. I didn't see the link on your blog, but thanks for joining the Easter Challenge at Totally PaperCrafts this week. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks for visiting...I have sorted out my link and it is all fixed now!
      Jane x

      Delete
  14. So glad you found the right stone and made the ring after all! It looks stunning catching the sunlight among the daffodils there. Loved all your bright flowery photos today and the pretty easter card is very sweet.
    Have a happy week, Jane.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt so good to finally finish it Helen. It does catch the light beautifully. Have a great week too,
      Jane x

      Delete
  15. Oh Jane your ring is absolutely stunning! And how lovely that the stone seller gave it to you :-D You are so talented...your photos are beautiful. Did you take a photography course or are you a natural at that too lol??!! When I take photos they look exactly like yours... in my head but when I look back at them they definitely don't lol. I think I'll add a course to my 'things to do' list ;-D Your card is lovely...that bunny is just too cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was stunned Kerry when he gave it me Kerry. You are very kind re my photos I just take them....no huge thought behind them but it is a good little camera. My Hb is a rather competent photographer and over the years he has made me think about simple context thoughts which do make a difference. Hope it's not turned too cold again in your neck of the woods. Have a great week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh, I've just bought this image but not had chance to use it yet. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very sweet image Annette. Get it inked up soon and enjoy ;-) Thanks for visiting.
      Jane x

      Delete
  18. Beautiful card with great colouring and pretty papers....thanks for joining the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I got to tell you I love how you've designed this pastel easter card. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Bettina for your kind comment. I really enjoy entering the challenges,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x