Sunday 15 April 2012

Wedding sneak peek-MOTB jewellery

Over the years I have made some great lampworker buddies and 2 of my best are Lynn of Brilynn Beads and Laney of Izzy Beads. I decided long ago that I would ask Lynn to make my MOTB beads and Laney to make the Bridesmaids beads for The Wedding. Luckily both agreed to make my commissions. For those of you who are in the dark about marriage terms MOTB stands for Mother Of The Bride... aka ME! I had no idea what the letters stood for until we began The Wedding journey back in December 2010.

Lynn lives way over in Oregon, USA so she and I "talked" via email last year. I bought my outfit for The Wedding last summer and I was able to show her the outfit on line...she is the only person outside of my family who has seen it. From that she sent me some colour sample glass beads. Lampworkers work with molten glass and wind the colours onto a mandrel over a flame. Really skilled artisans such as Lynn and Laney are then able to work extra magic and create beautiful one of a kind beads.

This is the fabric of my dress, you will have to wait until July to see the rest ;0) It is a beautiful silk.
The sample glass colours arrived last autumn



I was able to hold the colour samples against the dress and get the perfect matches. I was amazed how close to the true colours Lynn had got just by using on line photos.

I had already decided that I would have the blue as the background colour so we knew this was the base we would build on.



Lynn makes fabulous raised floral beads. I have bought lots from her before. Below are just 2 of the many  necklaces I made years ago from some of her beads.For the first necklace I added lovely variations of rock crystal . The second necklace I just used different sized gorgeous black onyx faceted and round beads. Whenever I wear these I always get compliments. I love these necklaces.
Christmas Rose necklace
Below;
Autumn Glory necklace

I decided that I would like Lynn to make bi cone shaped beads for my necklace and lentil shaped for my matching bracelet. We decided that she would make 3 flowers on each side of the bead for the lentils, each flower using a colour from my dress. For the bi cones she would place them around the side of the beads. Lynn had a play with sizes and shapes and sent me more sample beads.




She also had the idea to add little blue flowers to the lentil beads which I thought was a great idea.

She also sent me a key with a bead as a little keep sake..what a sweet thought ;0)












After a few more tweaks Lynn was ready to make the final beads and they arrived safely.














These were the lentil set for the bracelet complete with the little blue embellishments.....









and these were the bi cones . I was stunned by them as they were just such a perfect match.
So that was the end of last year. I spent a LONG time with different design ideas and I finally decided that I would use quite a simple design using head drilled freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystals for the necklace and round freshwater pearls for the bracelet.




So I am sure you would now like to see the finished result? OK then here they are...








Here's a close up of the beads.














I managed to find some lovely silver heart toggle clasps little silver daisy spacers. I am thrilled with my jewellery and cannot wait to wear it in July with The Outfit.

Thank you Lynn, you are a star and a great beadie buddy too.

So for today's card challenge I thought I would keep with The Wedding theme. When I went on my calligraphy course to Denman recently I met up with a lovely lady who was most interested in the cards I make. I showed her my Etsy shop and she asked if I would take a commission for a wedding card for a wedding she was attending over Easter.


I thought it would be a good opportunity to have a play with wedding cards as I shall of course be making one for Milly and Tom. This is what I made for the commission I took at Denman.


I bought a gorgeous Lili of the Valley rubber stamp called "Wedding Couple" which I stamped and hand coloured using my trusty Promarkers and Flexmarkers and highlighted the image using my Prismacolor pencils.


I used gorgeous matt silver backing card and mounted the image like a photo on top of a Martha Stewart punched border. I added some "photo" corners, ivory ribbon and pearls. I also added some little gems to the centre of the flowers for some extra "bling". I finished off with a circular sentiment which I cut a scallop frame for out of the same silver card.
I was very pleased with how this turned out and I made another colourway of it which is for sale in my Etsy shop here

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 127;bling
Scrapbook Sisters Anything Goes #79
Pretty Little Ribbons To die for use die cuts or punches
Stamp, scrap and Doodle Saturdays Pastels
Joanna Sheen A card for someone special
My Mum's Craft Shop  #52 It's a celebration
Paper Sundaes #116 Anything Goes
Stampin with the Dragon Weddings
Sugar Creek Hollow die cuts or punches #7
Card Crafter's Circle Gentle pastel colours #18

As we speak Laney is working on the bridesmaids beads and when I have a sneak peek for those I shall let you know. Well it's nearly time for a new week again. There have been plenty of sunshine and showers here over the weekend, all good for the garden but it is a little chilly. I have a few plants to put out but I think I may wait for a few days as some recent nights have even produced a frost.

Have a great week everyone,

Thanks as always for your kind visits and your lovely comments.

Bye for now,

Jane x


42 comments:

  1. Oh Jane your necklace and bracelet are so beautiful and such a brilliant match for your dress. It's lovely to create something so unique. Really summery and suited to a July wedding.
    Such a sweet little wedding card too. :)
    Don't put your plants in yet, you don't want to loose them which you might do, even in the sunny south!!
    Have a lovely new week,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vivienne, I can't wait to wear them; let's keep our fingers crossed that it will be a sunny day in July. My plants are not tender but despite that I think I will still wait until the frosts are less harsh. They should be fine but I will leave them in their pots a little longer. Have a lovely week too,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane.. oh I love your flower beads you ordered! I checked both links and both are on vacation. I'd like a flower bead myself! I look forward to seeing your final MOTB "crown jewels"! Love the card, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa Lynn is back next week and Laney is at a lampwork fair this weekend. Do check them out they are both awesome artisans. Have a great week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Jane thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jewelry is simply stunning, Jane, and so will be the dress with them (even I haven't seen it yet but I just KNOW)! I am amazed (once again) by your skills to make this beautiful things, and how you can create one unique piece after an another! And that card is beautiful TOO!

    Have a wonderful new week soon, and we'll talk tomorrow!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Mia I am so looking forward to wearing them, they are such a great match. Lynn made such wonderful beads for me to work with. We will indeed speak tomorrow.
      Jane x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! You're going to be a spectacular MOTB :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dear Jane, your jewelry is amazing! You made so good pre-work with Lynn and the result is gorgeus! Wonderful idea to take the colours from your beautiful dress (I love the fabric)! You are going to look fantastic MOTB!
    And your wedding card is beautiful - good luck!
    We are celebrating the Easter still today and we shall go for a drive to the near villages. Yesterday we had the traditional lunch with the family - this year we were only about 35 people!
    Have a wonderful week! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teje, I am so lucky that I could perfectly match the colours in my dress with Lynn. Your Easter celebrations sound so grand.....35 people for lunch,I hope you didn't have to cook!
      Jane x

      Delete
  9. The silk fabric of your dress is so pretty and summery Jane and the beads are really beautiful...everything perfect!
    Love your wedding card too and those little details that always make them so special,
    Hope you have a great week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments Susan. Time is racing by now.
      Jane x

      Delete
  10. Jane,
    I'm in love with your exquisite jewelry! The beads are so beautiful and matching them up with pearls, I don't think there is anything finer. You will look so lovely. Time is really flying!! Your card is great, love the groom's leg kicked out!
    Lovely weather here hope you are having the same. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I thought in the end that pearls just had to be the choice. Time is racing my now. We are having real April weather..sunshine and showers which is just what we need. Take care,
      Jane x

      Delete
  11. Jane, What a lovely way to start my Monday. Everything is amazing......beads, dress, necklace, bracelet!! Perfect for Millie's big Day!!

    I will have to keep your wedding cards in mind for my niece's autumn wedding.

    Best wishes,
    Anne x
    PlumCreek22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so delighted to have brightened your day Anne. Thanks for your kind comments and yes if you want a Wedding Card made you know where I am!
      Jane x

      Delete
  12. What stunning jewellery you have made, Jane! The specially made coloured beads are beautiful, and the way you have combined them with the pearls is so decorative, they make me think of gorgeous medieval jewels. It must be so nice to know that you have your lovely outfit all ready for Millie's big day. The little card is so sweet too...you certainly are a crafty lady!
    Have a lovely week...hope the temperature is higher there than it is here...it's been sunny but sooo chilly in the shade.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Helen, everything is coming together really well now for The Wedding. I have been working on their wedding card today and have really enjoyed what I have done so far including some of my calligraphy! It's turned very chilly here too with lots of sunshine and some very welcome showers. Have a great week,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What beautiful beads, Jane! Goodness, your dress fabric is beautiful too..and how wonderful to have such special jewelry made for the BIG day! I'm so excited for you!! And of course for the whole family, bride and groom to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, I am getting so excited now....100 days to go today! Take care,
      Jane x

      Delete
  15. Love the pretty colors you used! Your image is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card...thanks for joining us at Suar Creek Hollow (-;

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed your photos so much! What lovely fabric - can't wait to see the dress. The jewelry is just gorgeous and the card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Milly's first dress fitting today Lori....so exciting. Thanks for your sweet comments,
      Jane x

      Delete
  18. thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week with your lovely card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh wow I love your cards. thank you so much for joining us at the Stamping Dragon Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Marleen, thanks so much,
      Jane x

      Delete
  20. Wow Jane, your jewellery is out of this world, so is the little lotv card, aw its so kind of you to pop by, and be my follower, so kind, Im excited now to be yours darlin and see more of your beautiful creations, thanks so much have alovely day huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June, it's so lovely to see you here, your cards are just awesome! Great to meet you and thanks so much for joining my fellow friendly bloggers here. Nearly the weekend....enjoy ;0)
      Jane x

      Delete
  21. Wonderful Jewellery! such beautiful beads too! fabulous card, Glad you could join us at Totally Gorjuss this week, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha, you're very kind.
      Jane x

      Delete
  22. I have never seen beads like this before they are beautiful, just adore the key idea, ( i want one ) would look fab on a dressing table as decoration.
    klare
    :O)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Klare One of kind lampwork beads are works of art. I have quite a stash! The keys are really different and I agree make lovely displays. Thanks for visiting . Have a great weekend.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a gorgeous Wedding card Jane :) Love the cute LOTV image (I just bought this! ) and your punched edge and colours are lovely.

    Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Joanna Sheen challenge, and good luck!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Allison thanks for visiting and liking my card . LOTV stamps are favourite rubber stamps. Enjoy inking yours up.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x