Friday 7 June 2013

Hello spring and goodbye

Finally our long overdue late spring weather has arrived, just in time for early summer to start in a few weeks.

I have spent a wonderful week pottering in the garden after work and everything is growing beautifully. It is amazing how a little bit of warmth creates huge growth spurts in my plants. I had a lovely Studio day on Thursday when I was able to spend the whole day in the garden and my Studio.

This is my 15 step journey to my beloved outdoor work space. Of course someone else was keeping me company too.

Yes my sweet Billy was in his element rolling around in the sunshine and getting very grubby ;0)
and then he found some shade on the seat of my shelter.







My pots are really bursting into flower.














I have already had to start watering them in the evenings.
I am so enjoying the long daylight hours.










I worked on another of my Guest Design cards so that I can get ahead of myself as there is something else coming up very soon.

Yes.....

this time next week I will be here........
It's holiday time and we are off to Kephalonia...woop woop. This was me on our favourite beach last June. There were all of 6 people around and we hope there may be even less this ;0) We will also hire a car and do some sight seeing as the scenery is stunning. Here is a little taster. I will share some more photos when we return. Just look at the colour of the Ionian Sea. 


My card today has a very appropriate "bon voyage" image but it is actually my Dad's Father's Day card as we will be away on 16 June.  I will send him all my love from this sunny Greek Island.
This sweet little house mouse appears to be off on his adventures too ;0)
I made an embossed card "sky" and you can see that one of my Memory Box cloud dies features again. This time as feature rather than as a template...how useful these are. I have coloured my image with my trusty Promarkers and highlighted with my Prismacolor pencils. I have also used my Cheery Lynn lace die as well as the ever versatile Memory box bow die.
The sentiment is Lili of the Valley.Some glitter and pearls added the finishing touches.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

House Mouse Father's Day #146
Country View Crafts Die cuts
Passion for Promarkers All that glitters #200
Papercrafting Journey Masculine
Simon Says Stamp Masculine
A+T Emerald Faeries Die cuts or punches
A little bit crafty something sweet
My Mum's Craft shop die cuts #6
ABC O is for Open
Natalie and Amy Fantasy #10
Love rubberstamps Anything goes
Ali Craft Anything goes
The Artistic Stamper Makes for men
Hobby House anything goes
A creative Romance anything goes
Totally Papercrafts punches/dies use at least 3

I am home from work and the weekend is here. We are off tomorrow to spend the day  with our daughter and son in law in sunny Southampton. A bar-b-q is planned and a little jaunt to the sea. She is really blooming and is 18 weeks today and has her 20 week scan in a few weeks. We had a lovely day last on Monday looking at baby things for the first time, so exciting.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Thank you for all the really positive comments you left on my last post for my latest GD card....it appears that card was a favourite ;0) Welcome also to my new followers. You are all such a great bunch. I shall miss you.

If Blogger behaves my next GD card for I love Promarkers is scheduled and it should post at 8am next Wednesday. Please stop by and see what you think. I shall be waving to you from my Greek Island beach.

So it's goodbye for a few weeks, take care and enjoy the sunshine wherever you are,

Jane x

33 comments:

  1. How lovely Jane, what a beautiful place, I hope you have a wonderful time on your holidays!
    Your dad will love his card, what a cute mouse and what a fun way to fly!
    Enjoy your weekend with your family. :)
    Bon voyage my friend, have fun in the sun!!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pretty flowers....it all looks so summery in your garden. Lovely imaginative Father's Day card, I'm sure your dad will love it. Wishing you a wonderful holiday in the sun...look forward to seeing your pics when you get back!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable fathers day card. Love the sweet image and papers. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ cchallenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card, i'm sure he will love it. your flowers and photos look fab, thanks for sharing your card with us at TPC x carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I don't blame Billy one bit for soaking up the sun and beauty in your garden. And what a sweet card you've created for your dad! Have a lovely time on your vacation- I know you'll return with renewed inspiration as wonderful as that gorgeous blue sea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening, Jane! Your little garden is looking lovely, thanks to the beautiful weather we've been having - I've managed to get out and do a bit and everything has grown so much, but I like the slightly wild look! Well, that's my excuse! I should have an abundance of strawberries and raspberries, if the flowers are anything to go by!
    Love your sweet little Housemouse card and I'm sure your Dad will too!
    Enjoy your holidays - the beach looks beautiful and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jane, it's me again! I'm back to thank you for joining in with our 'All that Glitters' challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week! I still have die envy over that sweet cloud die and love that cute Housemouse image and memory box bow (but I do have this one!)
    See you when you get home! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Jane,

    How lovely to see your studio surrounded the blooming garden and that handsome Billy-boy, he really enjoys the sunshine!

    I wish you the most wonderful holidays, and before that great weekend with Milly&Tom! Sunshine from here!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, your gardens are beautiful. And your vacation spot is so lovely. That white sand beach must be calling to you. Your card for your Dad is so darn cute. He is going to just love this. You colored up that sweet mouse image beautifully. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Enjoy your vaca

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jane, I wish you fantastic holidays! Your garden is so beautiful! Hugs to you and Billy! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, beautiful photo's and super sweet card, love the colours and the image, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops back to say, thank you for joining us for the Hobby House first challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lovely Jane, I hope you get this before you go. I want to wish you a fabulous holiday, time with your Hb, fun in the sun, delicious food and so much more. I remember the pictures from last year and the gorgeous color of the sea!!! Your flowers and yard are stunning and billy is a treasure. Enjoy my friend and be safe.
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bon Voyage, Jane!! Have a wonderful holiday in the Greek Isles. About 2 weeks ago, I watched Captain Corelli's Mandolin again. It is set on Kephalonia.

    Lovely card and garden. I hope it doesn't get too dry when you're gone.

    Happiest June,
    Anne x
    PlumCreek Studio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project, thanks for joining in our first challenge over on the Ali-Craft Blog. Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card, gorgeous image and great design.
    Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends.
    Pauline GDT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, so sweet...Thanks for playing along with us at A Little Bit Crafty this month.
    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jane, I hope you have a fabulous trip - I envision you wearing a sea bead necklace.. I'm excited for you for the grandbaby! I've certainly enjoyed mine and I know you're going to flip having a wee one. Love your card.. see you when you return! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is just lovely and your Dad will be thrilled with it, I'm sure. I love the soft feel of it and your little gems are wonderful added touches. Glad you could play along at House Mouse & Friends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many pretty things to see in this post. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. I'll look forward to seeing your new pics. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous card and I love all your photos. What a super garden and I can only dream of a holiday like that ! Have a super time.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card Jane :-) I am sure your Dad will love it ,,, so very cute :-)

    fab photo's too, your garden looks beautiful and so does your holiday destination :-) Bon Voyage !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends and Simon Says Stamp Challenges
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots of beauty there in your garden and your vacation getaway. Your Father's day card is just too cute. Congratulations to you and your daughter.
    So glad you shared this with House Mouse and Friends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous image and card design, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous Jane. Love the cute image..

    Bet you are hoping your transport to your fabulous holiday spot is a little more safe than the mouse's one!

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute card. Thanks for joining our challenge at the Hobby House.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Photos! Cute Card! I love the Stamps you have used. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. A gorgeous, cute card, thanks for joining our first challenge at A Creative Romance, I hope you'll join us again.
    Big hugs Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. A fab fathers day card, love your beautifully coloured image. Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this time and hope you join us again. I hope you have a great time on your hols. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. A beautiful card, great design, cute image, lovely choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month. To remain in the challenge please correct the name of our challenge site. Thanks. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Chris from Country View Challenges, I am away on hols at the moment and via my tablet I am unable to edit my incorrect name of the challenge, so sorry I will do so on my return next week! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh lucky you, I hope you are having a wonderful time in Kephalonia, my Mum went every year with her sisters (in fact they are there now as well, sadly the first one without Mum). I hope you come back nice and relaxed. Beth/thelinencat xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely card with such restful colours! That Memory Box die is one of my fav dies too! Thanks so much for joining us at MMCS Challenge this month, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x