Friday 10 April 2015

April Blossom

It's been a week of blue skies and warm balmy sunshine this week. In my sheltered garden the temperature reached 24c and it really did feel like a summer day yesterday. April blossom has burst open everywhere..................
 My magnolia is in flower
and look at the tree I have been watching around the corner...it is now in full bloom

Blossom in my front garden 
and in my tiny back garden.


A neighbour's glorious Camellia 

and even on my table....spring bouquets bought by my darling children for my recent birthday



My card today finally shares what I made with the second card base I made for my February Tim project.  If you would like to see my process you can see it on this post here. I used the collage design on the left and kept the "wish" design for a special birthday card.
I made some spring flowers using a Cheery Lynn die and a Tattered Lace flower die which I was recently given by a crafter who was giving up crafting.

I used my Distress inks to colour the flowers both by blending and spritzing the inks. I added flower brads to the centres,




I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

Die cut divas in the garden
Noor! UK anything goes
Papertake weekly anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays anything goes
Simon says stamp Mondays A is for... April, the inspiration for my card
Simon says stamp Wednesday April showers and/or Spring flowers
Cheery Lynn handmade flowers
Frilly and Funkie  spring time die cuts
Artistic Inspirations anything goes with a twist of flowers

This glorious spring weather is supposed to cool down a little at the weekend but here in the South it should stay dry. I do hope that even if where you live has not been warm and sunny my photos may have made you feel like spring is here. Billy certainly does, he loved rolling around on the patio...bless. We have even got out the table ready for dinner outside.


Thanks for visiting and have a lovely weekend.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


22 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, dear Jane! It will be a bit of a shock to the system when this spell of warmer weather ends, I have hardly had a cardigan out all week (and I can be a bit nesh when it comes to the cold!) The kids have been playing out all the time and in the river too (they really don't feel the cold!) and everywhere is looking so much greener and brighter! The blosssoms on your magnolia, ornamental cherry (if that's what it is?) and flowering currant are just a hint of what's to come...don't you love Spring?!
    I also love your pretty collage card too! It has such a vintage feel and the flowers are almost a perfect match in colour to the currant. The background looks like layers of old wallpaper, torn off to reveal the ones underneath - so much dimension in a fairly flat card! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, whatever the weather! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jane, full of sunshine and a great collaged background. Let's hope this glorious weather continues. Your photographs of your spring flowers are stunning, amazing what a bit sunshine does to our gardens.
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Have a great weekend, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful blossom Jane - and your card is just fabulous - the weather has made us all smile I think - its been so good to feel the warm sun! Big hugs to you! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and all your flowers! I just went out on a jaunt out in the yard and got some images and just posted them.. Spring is awesome! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures and a beautiful card. What a great background panel. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blossom, those magnolias are wonderful, Jane! And of course I LoVe your beautiful flowery card! Wishing you a wonderful weekend with lots of spring sunshine.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little card, just like cherry blossom...beautiful!!
    Magnolia blossom is pretty spectacular ins't it, I think I need a magnolia tree! :)
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend my friend, fingers crossed for all of us that the forecasters have got it wrong !!!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Jane,
    Thanks for sharing these glorious blossoms with us!
    Our Magnolia looks like it still has a long way to go before it blossoms...
    I'm thinking yours must have quite a bit of sunlight to be that beautiful?
    Love your card and its wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is looking beautiful Jane and how lovely to see Billy enjoying the spring sunshine! x
    Such a pretty card too and gorgeous birthday bouquets decorating your table ♥
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful card! Great picture of Billy enjoying the sun too! Your garden looks fabulous! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Sorry I'm late for your party, but happy birthday!! It looks like your day was wonderful. The pic of you and your brother is adorable. I especially like your card with the glossy bits, but your cards are always lovely and I enjoying seeing the steps to making them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful card! Fabulous colors and flowers. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your collage you have made. The colours are all so pretty together and I especially like the flowers. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers look wonderful. Glad you posted the close-ups. Beautifully done.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful Jane, lovely colours, your flowers look amazing!... thank you for playing along with us this week at 'Papertake Weekly'..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Such gorgeous colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Jane,

    That is one gorgeous card :) and I think I have seen it before! Thank you! This is one of those handmade-beauties of yours I treasure so, and it was fascinating to see more of the process of how it was done, it takes so many steps before a beautiful card is finished. I love mine!

    Happy April-days and kisses to that handsome Billy-boy!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bright and cheerful card Jane. Thanks for joining us at Noor! Design challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunning card. Love the photos from your garden as well. thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great inspiration for your card and CUTE cat! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEAUTIFUL Jane! You have definitely developed a real skill for capturing your experiences in your craft projects. LOVE it! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x