Tuesday 12 January 2016

See through crafting

There are several fun challenges going on at the moment asking us to be inspired by glass. bottles, transparency etc etc.
I had a quiet Sunday and was able to run some of those ideas through my head. The weekend weather was dismal, rain rain and more rain so it was good to escape into the world of crafting.
I also needed to make a birthday card for my Hb's upcoming birthday in a few weeks so it was time to use all this inspiration to make him a card.

Billy did not want to join me and preferred to sleep in his box...Oh to be a cat ;0)

I treated myself to a packet of acetate and I had also bought a fun pack for male themed card blanks in a sale.
I decided that my theme would be a bottle of bubbly to celebrate my Hb's birthday. I am very excited as we have a meal booked at The Shard so I am sure some bubbly will feature there too.

I was able to partially cut the acetate with some of my dies...I then finished the job with my scissors.
I also used my Tim Holtz bubbles embossing folder to give me a "bubbles" background.
I used Sharpie pens to colour the hearts and bottle and a gold Krylon gold marker to add some finishing touches. 
I cut an aperture out of my card blank

 and stuck the embossed bubbles behind
I also used some alcohol inks on a focal and swirled them around.
I also stuck a large coloured acetate heart over my stamped and embossed sentiment for the inside of the card. This is the same shape as the front aperture using gold card.

So then the creative hat was put on......and I came up with this. It is so hard to get a good photo as the acetate reflects a lot of light.  This is looking at the front of the card with it open.
and this is the inside.
The bubbles came out really well.
and here is the bottle of bubbly specially created for my Hb...a vintage 2016 year and his very own initialed label ;0)


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

PaperArtsy Transparent art I was inspired by Keren Baker's post and the way she added colour to her acetate, especially the red behind the word courage but instead of paint I used Sharpie pens.
Country View crafts Be inspired by Bottles
Pixie's Snippets playgound 1/3 #211 I used lots of snippets of acetate
Anything but cute Ring out the old...bring in the new this is the first acetate aperture card I have made.
Crafty calendar something new  as above
Simon says stamp Wednesday something new my acetate sheets.
Love to create 2/2 anything creative/mixed media #27
Crafty friends something new my first aperture acetate card
Noor anything goes
Bunny Zoe 1/3 hearts
Crafty boots something old something new my old is my ribbon my new is the acetate

This relentless rain came to a halt today here in the south. The wind direction is forecast to change this week to cooler weather so hopefully an end to the rain for a while.

I was so shocked to wake up yesterday morning to hear that David Bowie had died. What a rock legend....his music was a huge part of my teenage...RIP one of my music heroes. His music will certainly live on forever. Thanks as always for your kind visits and comments.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

23 comments:

  1. WOW! This is what I call a creation......wish I could think up things like this...very inventive and a great end result I have to say. A meal at the Shard! how super...my hubby wold love to go up the Shard for the views someday. Bit of a trek for us and a gamble with the weather though! Enjoy it! Rain has stopped today all but a few showers, promise of snow next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe that's brilliant Jane, I love all those bubbles! :) M will love it.I hope your day at the Shard is filled with bubbles too,
    It was so sad about David Bowie, his music was there through every decade of my life!
    Hope you're feeling better my friend, enjoy the rest of your week,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Jane - I love your take on these challenges - a really inspired make! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! I too was shocked about David Bowie - a brilliant artist - loved his music. Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Jane - so full of personal touches! And what a way to celebrate your Hubby's Birthday with a meal at The Shard too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of very interesting textures and techniques going on with this card, it looks amazing. Thank you for joining in the fun with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fabulous card !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant bubbly card for your Hb! Love all the fancy techniques and the champagne bottle! Best of all is seeing Billy snuggly in his box!!!! Hope your weather clears...it is snowy here
    xoxoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever you are - such a fun and creative card. Bravo!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the unusual design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo on the great card for your husband! Good luck on your challenges!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant Jane!
    He will adore it!
    So clever and pretty ;)
    Thank You for sharing your creative process as well.
    It is always very interesting.
    Poor Billy, I really feel sorry for him, what a hard life he has!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card with such lovely design!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Hugs! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card and thanks for showing how it was created.

    Have a fantastic time at the Shard and report back to us!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Billy looks so sweet curled up in his bed, what a doll! Fabulous project Jane, wow, best use of acetate ever!! I just love your little champagne bottle, how wonderfully original. This is a beauty inside and out, and I love how it looks when it's closed. The bubbles create double the fun with textures!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Bring in the New' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing another card with CRAFTY FRIENDS... your card is lovely and your post was interesting to read... good luck in the challenge... hope to see you next time, Diane Louise (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool card! I love those bubbles! I hope your husband has a wonderful day! Thank you For joining our Ring Out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bubbles on the acetate look amazing and I love how you did the champagne bottle too, especially with the personalisation. I also love your beautiful cat!

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Ring out the Old, Bring in the New' challenge at Anything But Cute! Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful, love-filled project. Hope DH loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card. I love the effect of the embossed acetate and how you have created little embellishments from it. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for joining our Ring Out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Hugs

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is brilliant Jane, really creative and I love your bubbles background. I hope your husband has a fab birthday (and meal!) and thanks very much for joining in with us again at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x