Friday 20 May 2016

The Grand Opening of Dotty's Teahouse

I have been teasing you all for some time on my blog. Now I can finally share some photos of this exciting new business which is opening in our High Street and will be selling my unique one of a kind handmade cards.

Welcome to Dotty's Teahouse...........


The owner, Rebecca and her team have been working incredibly hard over the last few months to transform the old Art Shop in Carshalton High Street into a wonderful vintage tea house. The big reveal was on Wednesday night at the grand opening, which my Hb and I attended.
If you like vintage 40s/50s/60s you will love Dotty's....the inside is such fun with lots of wonderful quirky, retro details.



The opening was attended by the Mayor and our local MP. I love this photo...I sneaked behind the official photographer at the balloon launch.
We were entertained by this super Trio who sung and danced their hearts out.
I took lots of photos. Below is a small selection.

Rebecca, looking very glam,  with my cards. I am selling a variety of my styles...from cute to shabby chic. I have also created a very limited "spring colour" run of my own "tea room cards"...you can spot those on the far right and 2 on the left. They have my Crafty Individuals tea birds on vintage cups and this batch are spring green. I plan to make these in different colourways during the year. For my first freshly baked  made batch of 45 one of a kind cards I have birthday, general, new baby, wedding and "Dad" cards (Father's day is in June) up for sale.
I will also be making cards to order so I had some business cards printed up...coincidentally they match Dotty's interior really well!

My Hb took this shot of us.
A fab evening was had by all..............
and yes of course cake had to feature ;0)
I would like to wish Rebecca all the very best for her wonderful new business adventure and if you are near to Carshalton...do pop in . Dotty's opens this afternoon but is having a "slow" first few weeks to find the "flow". If you would like further details and opening time do have a look at Dotty's Facebook page here

My card challenge card for today is the one I made especially for Rebecca to celebrate her new venture. I wanted to create a Tearoom scene for her. Carshalton is very beautiful and my  beloved ponds are full of wildlife. I used this as my inspiration.
 These views are a 1 minute stroll from Dotty's.




 I chose to make an easel card using Kraft card as the base as this felt very vintage. 
The stamped image is Take a little Time for Tea (very appropriate) by Crafty Individuals. I embossed it with clear powder and hand painted it with distress inks. The window and bird die cuts are Tim Holtz. 
Below is a close up of the inside. The papers are from Craft Consortium. I was lucky enough to win a pad earlier this year. 
 The card "stands" on a bouquet of paper roses and a little tea cup and saucer (of course) charm. I added a piece of vintage lace and of course a Dotty button!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Crafty Individuals anything goes
The Ribbon Girl  3/3 any image
Noor spring flowers
Seven Hills Crafts Embossing I used Hero Arts clear embossing powder for embossing my image before I painted it.
WOW  embossing powders May challenge. The image has been heat embossed
Artistic Inspirations 3/3 Anything goes/use a die cut 
Stamping sensations 3/3anything goes
Memory Box For the birds My daisy leaves and music score are MB
Cutie Pie 3/3 escape to the country
Crafty friends 3/3 in the garden
Paper Creator 3/3 anything goes
Fussy and Fancy  1/3 dies and/or punches
Bunny Zoe lovely layers
Deep Ocean shabby chic/vintage


So cheers to Dotty's and I look forward to my cards being a small part of this exciting new adventure.




Thanks as always for your kind visits and for the sweet comments you take the time to leave me. If you are a first time visitor here it is lovely for you to stop by. I will be baking  making my next batch of cards soon....if you are passing Dotty's do pop in. Whilst you are waiting for your tea to brew you can have a browse. There are lots of lovely handmade crafts for sale and my fresh bakes  makes will be there too.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


26 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jane, and the new tearoom looks right up my street! Fantastic. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals May Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous post this is Jane! First of all, many congratulations to everyone concerned - I'm sure the tea house and your cards will be a resounding success! And for goodness sakes, your card for Rebecca is perfect! Every little detail is so relevant and well thought out - and the end result is just beautiful! The same goes for the fabulous tea room too. Off to check out Facebook now :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new tea rooms look wonderful Jane. I wouldn't want to leave. Looks like you all had a fantastic time at the opening. Hope all goes well for Rebecca. Lovely photos. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing and for joining in the Crafty Individuals challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH this post and the pictures make me so happy Jane!
    I have been sharing your excitement and one day I shall make it to Dotty's mark my words!
    Thank You so much for sharing this wonderful experience with us.
    Love everything, the decor, the singers (brilliant idea) the balloons, the surroundings!
    The card you created for the special occasion seems to be coming straight out of a Victorian pop up book!

    Many Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well where shall I start Jane.....I'll start by wishing the tea rooms every success and I hope you sell lots of your lovely cards. Everything looks so pretty and very English. Carshalton looks a beautiful place and your photos sell it and everything about it too. Good luck to everyone who is apart of this venture...hopefully will be able to pop in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again...forgot to mention your beautiful card...Doh....it really is so well co-ordinated and I am sure contains a lot of love too. Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, Jane! Dotty's Tearooms looks wonderful, such a fun place, and how fabulous that you can sell your cards there too!
    Your special card here is so gorgeous..... all the best to everyone for this exciting new venture!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. what wonderful fun Jane - and so exciting to have an outlet for your cards - thats fantastic! Your make is just beautiful - perfect in every way! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place, the building itself is so nice and so well suited to a tearoom . I wish both you and Rebecca all the very best for this new venture, I'm quite sure your cards will be a huge success.
    The special card you made is so pretty and so apt and how beautiful is your area!
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a beautiful place and in a great location from what I see. The 3 singers look like they love the 40's style a la the Andrew Sisters. Your card is so pretty and captures the surrounding area and evokes the tea room as well. I wish you much success along with Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tea rooms look lovely as do your cards. What a venture . I wish you and Rebecca luck. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a jolly affair the opening looked like! I am wishing for a huge success for Dotty's Tea House and for huge sales for your cards! Your new life seems to be working a charm for you. Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tea rooms look delightfully retro with gorgeous displays and a fabulous menu. I am sure your cards will go down a treat and be very popular. The easel card you made Rebecca is beautiful, I love the whole design with such pretty colours and elements, just perfect my friend. Good luck with the new venture and I hope to come and see it all one of these days.
    Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoy reading your posts and looking at the photos! My mouth is watering at the sight of those cakes! Your card is lovely, thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl May Card Challenge, best of luck for the draw, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love how the bird is outside the window, great scene! Looks like the grand opening went very well. I'm so jealous of the beautiful scenery right outside the shop, what a gorgeous place to be able to stroll around in. All the best for this new adventure! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a post full of loveliness. Wishing the best of luck to Rebecca and to you too. I hope lots of people stop to admire and purchase your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yum! How I would love to live near so I could stop in for a cup of cream and a sweet or two. A great place for your cards. It looks as if everyone had a grand time. Your card is every bit as charming as the tea shop.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an interesting post Jane and a delightful card! The tea rooms look splendid! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello dear Jane,

    Oooh, all looks so fab at Dotty's and yours cards fit in perfectly! Congrats still once - your retirement days :) seem to be just as quiet and peaceful ;) as we assumed! Love your birdie creation too!

    Happy baking oh making days (well both!), and sunny May days!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  20. The tea room looks fabulous and your cards are lovely

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely post, how I wish that fabulous tearoom was closer!! Love your country inspired card too for The Cutie Pie Challenge. Good Luck!! Sarah :O)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Noor! Design UK challenge! xoxo t.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely card. Fab papers. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pie's. Good luck with your card selling. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! I love the colors you chose! Good luck in your challenges and thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pies! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x