Friday 10 June 2016

A June visit to Ightham Mote

As National Trust members my Mum, Dad and I try to get to a few of the more local properties during the year. Yesterday we visited Ightham Mote in Kent. I have written posts on this lovely property before so if you would like to read some of the history have a look at my last visit post here.

Our last visit was during the springtime last year and it made a change to have warm sunshine and to be able to walk around the beautiful gardens with no coats.

The approach to the house is  magnificent....
 I rather like this photo in "retro" too.





 We have been inside many times but we still visited, it's so full of history.

Family portraits look down from above
and the whole house is built around an airy quadrangle.
 There are some stunning views back out to the gardens.
How about this for stripes on your lawn?
And the perennial borders were in full flower.

We had such a lovely day which of course included a picnic lunch and afternoon tea...bliss

My card today is inspired by those wonderful tall blooms of lupin. The stamp is Inkyliscious and I created the graded inking with Distress inks. The frame is Noor and the sentiment is Tim's. I found my lovely old MS butterfly punch and added some butterflies too. The background is embossed.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Butterfly challenge 2/3 A is for aperture and/or apricot I cut an oval aperture for my stamped image.
Simon Says Stamp Monday summer garden
Ribbon Girl any card
Allsorts 3/3 the great outdoors
Noor summer
Emerald Faeries 3/3  anything goes
Creative Inspirations 1/3 step into summer
Addicted to stamps and More 1/3 make your mark
Penny Black and More 1/3 Flower power
Stamping Sensations 1/3 feature a creature

Thanks as always for your kind visits and sweet comments you take the time to leave and a may I extend a very warm welcome to my newest follower. 
We are still getting some really good sunshine amongst some heavy showers, perfect garden weather.
Enjoy the upcoming weekend, I hope to pot on my chillies.


I have a very different visit today...a date at Peppa Pig's World, with my girlies..I can't wait. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

21 comments:

  1. A super floral creation and perfect for our themes Jane, many thanks for sharing your lovey work with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations June challenges and also Allsosrts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane , you have again very nice photo Made ! Especially good I like the picture with the lupine and the Sternenglanz ;-) and the bee! But your cards are beautiful! Be nice greeted by Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane. Gorgeous card, love the fancy frame and the glittery sentiment!! Beautiful flowers, exactly like the ones you saw, so amazing!! Wow what a wonderful place to visit, I love these old places with so much history. Your photo shots are amazing too, I see you have discovered 'Glamour Glow', one of my new favourites! The vintage shots are amazing too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane . . . it's years since I've visited Ightham . . . you've inspired me to put it on my list of places to go this summer. Thank you.

    Very pretty sunshiney card too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house and gardens look lovely to visit. Never been but certainly going on my todo list. Love your scenic aperture card. Frame work is very pretty. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures of Ightham Mote, it is such a wonderfully atmospheric place and so full of history. I hope you have a lovely time with Peppa Pig too :) Such a gorgeous delicate card! Have a great weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh...love your pictures and would love to visit this place. I love the one with the roses growing around that gothic doorway. I knew your card was inspired by the garden especially the lupins. The purple and teal and the yellow just stand out-what a great looking card and the butterflies just set it off. Have fun with the cute piggies which I am expecting is what you will be seeing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a beautiful card, love the Lupins and pretty design. Thank you for sharing with us at Emerald Faeries. Good luck in the draw and we would love to see you again soon. P.S. Lovely photo's. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful to take a walk with you jane ...and gorgeous card too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always your photos are wonderful and the water view reminds me of Scotney Castle in Sussex. Then your lovely card. A pleasure always to visit.
    hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat place and I enjoyed seeing the different results of your photo fun. Lovely card you made! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jane - I am in Heaven - I was sorry to see the pictures end. Such a magnificent place to call home and those gardens - WOW!
    Your card is so pretty - love that shade of green with the yellow!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place Jane. Aren't lupins just the best inspiration and you've certainly done them proud with your pretty card. :)
    I hope you had a fantastic time with Peppa, I'm sure a certain little lady had a ball. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful post Jane!
    This place is amazing and just taking care of that grass would keep me up at night ;)
    Your card is beautiful and complements your visit perfectly.
    "picnic and tea" my kind of heaven!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beeeautiful! I enjoy going on your outings with you :) I can only wonder about what coming with the pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. first of all...woah, these photos are extraordinary! Makes me think of fairy tales and old stories! So beautiful! I can totally see where you got your inspiration from!
    You card infact is as beautiful as these photo!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
    hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see your inspiration for this beautiful card, Jane...so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! And, thank you for sharing these lovely photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! What wonderful photos you took of a beautiful place so full of history!!! You're card really shows how you were inspired, and does justice to the beauty :) Thanks for sharing this with us at ATSM this week :)
    Susan - DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fantastic creation! Thanks for sharing it at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous photo's Jane, love how they inspired you to create. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design this month x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Noor! Design UK challenge! xoxo t.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x