Monday 9 October 2017

The Sun Queen

I love taking shots of the sun with my camera...(NB please remember you must never look directly at the sun).I walked down to Dotty's Teahouse with my latest cards on Friday and kept spying the sun through the autumnal tree foliage...sooo beautiful.









It's my weekly dose of Visible Image stamps inspiration today. The new stencils are back in stock here on the website  and I have been having fun with them.

A few weeks ago I shared my Blue Snow Queen card..if you missed her check out my post here.
I adore the Face it stamp set and inspired by the glorious sun that peeped out during my autumnal walk I made something with the eyes open stamps from the set.

I also decided to go from a cool to a warm colour palette and had the idea to create a Sun Queen as an art journal page. 

I worked with 3 of the fab new stencils too

 and 
I often use the mask from the Face shape set but this time I decided to draw round it and make a separate cut out face which I could decorate first and then stick to my card to complete. I used masking fluid on her eyes and lips to protect them from the inks. 



I used some of my Italian cotton cold pressed artist card and made an inky background using some warm autumnal distress inks
Next I added some sun bursts using the strobes stencil
and then inked the inner parts with stamps from the 
rays of light  set

 which work perfectly with this stencil.
I then added texture paste through my time tunnel stencil using the first brown swirls as my guide.
Finally I stamped the perfect sentiment, one of the new quotes Your vivid colours
So here is my Sun Queen.
With some close ups



All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:


I would like to enter my Sun Queen into the following challenges;

A vintage journey crazy for autumn colour
Creative Artiste anything goes mixed media
Frilly and Funkie 2/3 show us your stamps
Penny Black and More 1/3 close to nature
Stamping sensations 1/3 autumn glory
Noor UK fall colours
Stamps and stencils 1/3 autumn

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Enjoy the sunshine if you get some, smile at the"Sun Queen" 😎 if you see her and delight in the gorgeous colours of autumn. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x




19 comments:

  1. The colours are absolutely stunning Jane and I love those amazing stencils, I have now added them to my wish list! You certainly brightened my world this morning - thank you! Thanks too for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing design and colors Jane!
    I also love the movement you have achieved with the stencils.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design, love the colors!
    Thank you so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More challenge in our "Close to Nature" theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know me Jane, I much prefer the sun to the snow!
    Your sun queen looks fab, the colours are wonderful! :)
    Enjoy your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your sun queen card. Very interesting! I like how the sun shines through trees, clouds and sunsets/sunrises. We'll see it less for a few days as rain is on it's way. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a stunning piece of art Jane. I love your use of stamps and stencils as they have such a dramatic impact and the colours are just perfect for this month's Autumnal challenge. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creation is a true perfection!!! You have an amazing style. Very very nice.Henry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. that design is eye-popping! I love the hot yellows and orange and red colors together. Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slowly catching up after holidays Jane so rather belatedly popping in to thank you for sharing your pretty creation with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great use of color! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Show Us Your Stamps" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous piece of artwork. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bright sunshine you have captured here Jane! Great colours and the stencilling is amazing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful card. Fabulous stamps, colours and techniques.
    Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the intense colour on this piece and a fantastic combo of stamps and stencils. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Jane, what a stunning page you have created! The eye just flows from one swirl to the other, dancing around the page effortlessly! Love the autumn colours and the sentiment is a perfect fit!! Wonderful photos, so much lush foliage everywhere you look! You sure live in a beautiful place! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So clever Jane! What a magnificent effect you've created on this page Jane. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the warm fall colours and the fabulous sentiment around her beautiful face. Gorgeous page!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great stencil work and awesome designs! We're so thankful for your continued contributions at A Vintage Journey and Stamps & Stencils! Happy fall and hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful layers of stencilling in such gorgeous colours! Thankyou for sharing your lovely pages with us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x