Sunday 24 December 2017

All is calm

Here we are, it's Christmas Eve. 
My very favourite day of the year. I love the whole of the Christmas period but to me Christmas Eve will always be such a special day. Everything is ready. The fridge is full, the presents wrapped and delivered and of course Santa will be loading up his sleigh to make his dash across the world.
I always like to reflect a little on Christmas Eve and remember all the 50 plus Christmases that I have had the pleasure to celebrate with my family. Over the years some faces have passed away from our table but new ones have appeared. That is life and life is to be celebrated. 
I like to keep lots of old traditions alive, including opening my last advent calendar window and playing my festive music very loud! Tonight my Hb and I will go out for a stroll before some of our family arrives on Christmas day. Over the 2 days we are fortunate that we will be seeing all our little family at some point.

This is a time of the year when the days are so short and darkness appears very early but there is still such beauty in Mother Nature. 
I took these photos on my last walk to Dotty's Tea house with my latest cards to sell. Despite it being the rush hour there was such a sense of peace and tranquility in the dusk.
 The colours and shadows were a joy to marvel at.


Even the swans came over to say hello.
I have a last Christmas card of 2017 to share with you all and to send virtually to you, my dear blog readers who stop by and take the time to read my posts. It was inspired but this lovely lamp which shines out bright over the ponds and it's wildlife. It's a place I often sit and reflect, even when life is so busy. 
I used all Tim Holtz products to make my card, just topping off the lantern with some gold edged ribbon. 
I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

A vintage journey winter wonderland 
Winter wonderland anything goes
Double D 2/3 baby it's cold outside/ Winter
Deep Ocean jingle bells
That's Crafty 1/3 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge anything goes/use the word Christmas
Die cut divas 1/3 winter time

I would also like to share one of my favourite Christmas poems...

The merry family gatherings-
The old, the very young;
The strangely lovely way they 
Harmonize in carols sung.

For Christmas is tradition time
Traditions that recall
The precious memories down the years,
The sameness of them all.

(Helen Lowrie Marshall)

 Whether you wave or comment here I would like to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for the support and kindness you give me. May your days be bright and may your Christmas memories bring you peace for the new year.

I will be back before the new year but for now I am closing the pages of Jane's Journal to enjoy time with my darling family and to raise our glasses and celebrate the memories of Christmas past, present and those yet to come. 

Lots of love,

Jane x





19 comments:

  1. have a wonderful Christmas time with your beautiful family Jane and I look forward to your blog in 2018 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Jane and beautiful photos too!
    I too love Christmas Eve because, as you say, there is no more time to worry over things, what will be will be...and the best thing about Christmas is spending time with loved ones!
    I help out with the kids club and they always participate in the Christmas Eve carol service in our village church - the place is always packed, then there's mince pie and sherry afterwards, plus a swift one in the pub before visits to friends to send good wishes, and finally it's home to the comfort of my little family and a film on the box before bed! What could be better than that?!
    I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas time and that the New Year brings health and happiness to you all! Merry Christmas dear friend! With love and best wishes, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas Eve to you, too Jane - hope you have a wonderful Christmas. The photos of the ponds in the dusk are just stunning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and card Jane. Thank you for sharing your year and some of your memories. Have a lovely Christmas, make more memories and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely Christmas, Jane, what a sweet post, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family from Wisconsin USA. thanks so much for all your inspiration throughout 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and fabulous card creation! Merry Christmas Jane! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside (winter)’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, and I really like your Christmas crackers too. Thanks to Billy for showing them off :) Wishing you and yours the happiest Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely atmospheric, festive post Jane. Love your photos and your pretty card. Wishing you and your lovely family a very Happy Christmas! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane.. your photos were wonderful.. I love the one of the golden house reflected in the still waters.. beautiful! Enjoy your family this week.. I know it will be filled with love and cuddles with those sweet little ones. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you and your lovely family the happiest Christmas my dear....see you on the other side!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing your family peace and love at Christmas and always.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jane,

    Merry Christmas to you & yours, enjoy! These are the magical days of happiness, joy and laughter, and with those sweet children... Even more precious. Have a wonderful Holidays, dear friend, and

    Happy New Year 2018 soon too!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. I like your last photo of the lamp post which leads right to your card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful winter lantern. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely post dear Jane....heartwarming words and beautiful images...wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas and a New Year full of all good things ❤️🎄❤️
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Jane, Thank you for sharing your beautiful card and joining in with the That's Crafty anything goes blog challenge.
    Best Wishes for 2018 Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a crisp and beautiful card. Love the layout and the colours, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you showed your inspiration! Great card!! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x